Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quick notes

Caden has been so sweet lately with his stuffed animals, calling them babies and taking care of them.  I think aside from the fact that he is going to have a hard time sharing mama and daddy, he is going to be a GREAT big brother.  Tonight he fell asleep with his hand on my tummy.  It brought tears to my eyes and it really hit home that we are going to be a family of 4 soon!  I have been feeling pretty good the last couple of months.  I am now 25 weeks and everything has been going great.  I am extremly tired with this pregnancy but that goes with the territory of having a toddler right!? 

We have been slowly transitioning the spare bedroom into the baby's room and now have the crib and dresser all in place, clothes are washed and hung and bedding is ready to go.  There are a lot of small details that I want to get done, but the big stuff is finished, so I feel a little better about that.

Caden has also been doing pretty well in his new full sized bed.  Although, I can no longer just lay him in his bed, give him a kiss and expect him to go to sleep.  Lately I have to sit in bed with him until he falls asleep.  I don't mind though, they are only little once and this time with him is so precious I will take it while I can!

Other than preparing for baby our lives just keep moving forward.  I have a sub lined up for the end of the preschool year, Kyle is still at Menards and Caden still goes to daycare with Dian (who will also watch baby next fall!).  The last couple of months have flown by and I forsee the next few to do the same.  So our time as a somewhat busy family of 3 will soon be a very busy family of 4.  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment